We speak to programs around the country, educating residents and fellows on the basics of making smart financial decisions. Physicians have unique needs, and they are confronted with choices coming out of residency for which they are often not well prepared. Our lecture topics include:
Budgeting, savings, and other basics.
including student loans and refinance and payment options
Emergency fund tips and insurance basics
Investments & Taxation
Saving for retirement and minimizing taxes
Understanding Your Contract
with a contract attorney as a guest speaker
Our lectures are used at the following institutions:
- Michigan State University (Sparrow and McLaren Hospitals in Lansing, Spectrum Health in Grand Rapids)
- University of Michigan Hospital
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak MI
- Western MI University, Borgess and Bronson Hospitals.
- Wayne State University, in partnership with Henry Ford Hospital and Detroit Medical Center
- Indiana University
- Northwestern, U of C and UIC in Chicago